Carpet tiles are a contemporary approach to standard broadloom carpeting. Commercial carpet tiles provide many benefits to any area. Carpet tiles are typically squares of carpeting that are made to lay down like regular carpeting. Some tiles attach to the floor using glue. Carpet tiles are designed to lay down easily, and they can be laid in patterns and blends of colors to create a unique look.
Different sized carpet tiles are available. Smaller carpet tiles create patterns with more variation, while larger tiles minimize the variation in patterns. This is where a carpet company can provide you with options and advice on what will work well for your commercial space. They will come out to your space with samples for you to view so that you can see the colors and patterns in your office environment.
Why Commercial Carpet Tiles?
Commercial carpet tiles are built to last and can handle heavy foot traffic. In a commercial building you can have a lot of other issues besides heavy foot traffic. Stains and spills are going to happen. Perhaps grease or tears to the carpet tiles as well. That is the beauty of the tiles. If one or several are damaged or worn they can be replaced without having to tear up all of the carpet. All you have to do is remove the damaged tiles and replace with new ones. Commercial tiles are made with low pile fibers which are not easily damaged by traffic and are very long lasting.
Carpet tiles can be used in a variety of locations throughout any commercial setting. They can be placed over subfloors because they are resilient to water and moisture.
The tiles backing material is breathable allowing the moisture to rise up through the fibers. The backing material is very strong and will hold extremely well for years.
Easy to maintain and clean. Easier installation then standard carpet. The tiles can be trimmed to fit virtually any area.
Call Coventry Carpets, we have the design and installation know how to turn your business into a space you will be proud of!
Carpet tile is also called carpet squares or modular carpet and is an alternative to standard carpet rolls.
The market share of carpet tile has grown significantly over the last couple of years. Historically it has been primarily used for commercial floor installation, but a growing number of residential carpet manufacturers have begun to market products aimed at the consumer. Carpet tile is used in all types of commercial applications for high traffic areas. The reason for the installation of carpet tile in high traffic areas is that the tiles in these areas can be replaced with tiles from lower traffic areas and the look of the building is easier to maintain. Tiles that have been damaged can be replaced with new ones. This movement of carpet tiles helps maintain the look of the carpet and it lasts longer because of it. The higher initial cost of carpet tiles is often times offset by the fact that you can replace a damaged tile easily without having to replace an entire area.
Carpet Tile qualities:
• Tile sizes: many sizes from 18” inch to 24” plus long rectangle sizes are available
• Multiple fiber types
• Multiple pile style types
• Multiple manufactured types
• Multiple adhesive types
• Multiple ways you can lay the direction of the tile to create a unique design to fit your style Carpet tile backing material options include:
• Woven polypropylene Choosing Your Carpet Tile
You need to consider the size of the tiles and envision the room and floor as a one entity. If you are creating a pattern with the tiles make sure they will work with the size of your space so the pattern works as intended. Pros
• Easier to install than standard carpet rolls.
• Easy cleaning. Individual carpet tiles can be removed for cleaning or even replaced if damaged or stained.
• For areas that have excessive cleaning (schools, restaurants, etc) the fused backing allows for carpet NOT to delaminate, thus extending the life of the Carpet.
• Since the carpet is fused into a harder backing you are less likely to pull out loops or getting snags. Con
• Carpet tile needs to be glued down, so you will lose a comfortable foot feel if thinking about a residential application.