When seams are made, even properly, they can be noticeable. The type of carpet, and the light source coming across the seam will affect how noticeable the seam is. Professional installers will minimize the seam placement, but that does not mean the seam will be invisible, just like clothing, you need to put the seam together, and they can and will be noticeable. You can’t put in carpet like pouring concrete. Seams are a part of almost all carpet installations.
Carpet rolls come in three sizes: 12’, 15’, and 13’ 6”. This means if your room size is bigger than this or you have long hallways, you will have seams in your room. Some carpets hide seams better than others but it is important to realize that seams will never be invisible. A good carpet installer will be able to place it in such a way it has minimal impact.
Carpets seam differently
Depending on the size and traffic in a room, you can choose carpets where seams will be less noticeable. Berber carpets are the most difficult to hide seams. This means you should have a realistic expectation if you choose this type of carpeting. Shag carpets and twists are the easiest to seam because the loose pile blend well when installed.
You may hear acceptable seam when looking at carpets. Seams are visible when they are used to install your carpeting. They are even more noticeable when you know where they are. An acceptable seam will have the carpet backings flush with one another. They should not have gaps or overlays. Berber carpet should be cut lengthwise along the bias, never cut with a cross seam as it will be more noticeable.
If you hire Coventry not only will your install on equal carpet and padding be about 25% less you will have our Lifetime Installation Guarantee!
- When you buy your carpeting and flooring from Coventry you are dealing with one point of contact for everything. We do the layout, ordering and the install. If anything should go wrong, we guarantee to make it right at no cost to you.
- Our mobile showroom allows our sales consultants to come directly to your home or business with samples and give you a free estimate, on your schedule and because of our low over head and “WAREHOUSE” pricing we are able to pass the savings on to you. We also have a beautiful showroom that is by appointment only. Our Experienced people provide you with the additional factor needed for a unique design that works with your home and lifestyle. We can answer any questions you have about all types of flooring as it is all that we do.
- If the work is not guaranteed and you do not get a warranty on the products, what can you do if something goes wrong? Make sure you hire someone like Coventry Flooring who has been in business for years. We guarantee to make any issue you have right!
- At Coventry Flooring our installers are employees. We are one of very few companies in Denver that guarantee’s the installation for the life of the carpet because we install it. Our installation crews are all insured and bonded. Most of our installation crews have over 30 years of carpet experience. They are reliable, honest, hardworking and pleasant to have in your home. Some notable installations that we have done are the “Brown Palace Hotel”, “Regis University” and “Steam Boat Grand hotel”.
- When you are ready to have new carpet installed make sure you get the best quality carpet padding to go with it. The padding will help your carpet last longer and work better. Carpet padding density and thickness each help with carpet performance.
Coventry Carpets is a family-owned and operated referral-based company built on developing relationships with our customers by revolutionizing the way they experience flooring. Scot Johnson and Tom Burns created the company in response to over 40 years of combined service in the industry. They began with carpet and transformed it into not just a material but to a product that includes not only the carpet itself but also the installation of that carpet.